Hypnosis Cd's and Mp3's To Transform Your Life....

...my life as a therapist and the things that keep
me learning, loving and growing.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Featured Artist Interview Bitsnbeads!

Hi Everyone,
I was recently featured on The Meandering Musings of a Consummate Shopper! From there I discovered Bitsnbeads.com. Zoie, the artist behind Bitsnbeads, has shops at ETSY, Zibbet, Artfire and 1000markets! She has a huge selection of items from eyeglass holders to earrings to Id badge lanyards! I hope you enjoy reading about Bitsnbeads.

Beaded Eyeglass Holder Mom $32

Tell us about yourself...
I'm a jewelry designer and artisan that creates beautiful (tooting my own horn here because I think they're spectacular) colorful jewelry and accessories for the everyday woman. I work together with my partner, Leal, to run a shop on Etsy as well as a couple other market venues that you can find through our website ( http://www.bitsnbeads.com ).


What inspires you the most?
Color and emotion. For me they're very intrinsically linked together and I believe they are for others too. I love that I can create a piece and others can enjoy it not just for its aesthetics but for how it makes them *feel* as well.

Handmade Beaded Earrings Desert Flowers in Red $14

What other talents do you have?
OOoph. Loaded question! I was raised in an artisan household and all the women throughout the generations have been artisans. So I learned from each of them a little of this and that from candle making to pottery, ceramics, painting, music, embroidery (which I admit I'm not very good at). I love working with glass and often etch designs on glass.


What promotional tools have been the most effective for you?
Hard work. I think that pretty much sums it up. It's not exactly a tool, but a realization that you utilize for success. There is no "easy answer". You're not going to find some magical tool that lets you sit back and let things go on their own. Promotion takes constant work and you have to put time and effort into it, no matter what the venue you choose.

Lucky Purse Charm Make a Wish $12

As a handmade seller, what lesson did you learn the hard way?
Sometimes you have to set things aside and take some time for yourself to stay healthy and happy.


What's your best selling item?
Our eyeglass chains sell the best. I think it's because they serve both a function as well as being pretty, so people can have something they love to wear that's -like- jewelry, but useful also.


Links:

Etsy Shop: http://gilliauna.etsy.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bitsnbeadsbygilliauna
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gilliauna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing your thoughts and ideas.