Hypnosis Cd's and Mp3's To Transform Your Life....

...my life as a therapist and the things that keep
me learning, loving and growing.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stranger Than Strange?


Okay, I know I am a therapist. I am supposed to be compassionate and nonjudgmental. I usually am. However, I came across something that struck me as odd -- to say the least.

My boyfriend and I ran across this youtube video which is actually a snippet of a documentary. You can see it
here. This is just part one of a seven part series. It's called "I married the Eiffel Tower".

Apparently there is a whole cohort of people that have intimate relationships with inanimate objects. One woman who fell in love with the Berlin Wall explains it like this.... “We see things as living beings,” (Winther) says. “That’s a must. Otherwise you can’t fall in love with an object.”

hmmm, that makes sense? Apparently when you are in love with an inanimate object you have a telepathic connection with the object. You communicate with each other and know your partners needs and your object understands exactly what you need from it at anytime. I am referring to the objects as "it" but Objectum-sexuals (as they are called) actually know the sex of their objects and refer to them as he or she.

I think I am in love with my laptop. I spend more time with him than my boyfriend =)


3 comments:

  1. wow, very strange indeed! and i thought i had problems ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - I don't feel so bad for wanting to spend so much time with my computer. I'm not in love with "it" though and it's sexless as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Quantum physics describe objects and people as moving particules - we are all made of the same particules organized in different ways. Those people may be ahead of their time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing your thoughts and ideas.