Hypnosis Cd's and Mp3's To Transform Your Life....

...my life as a therapist and the things that keep
me learning, loving and growing.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Featured Artist - Dawn Anderson of Pop Culture Rehab & The Bins on ETSY

Hi Everyone,
Here is the next installment of my Richmond Etsy Street Team (REST) features. I'm pleased to present Dawn Anderson of Pop Culture Rehab. Dawn gives recycling a new meaning! I'm totally amazed by her creativity! I hope you enjoy getting to know dawn.

Tell us about yourself...
My name is Dawn Anderson and I'm the creative force behind 2 online shops that deal with recycling. Pop Culture Rehab where I sell beautiful finished products for you and your home and The Bins which sells recycled craft supplies. I'm a Southern girl through and through. I was born and raised in Richmond, VA and have lived here my entire life. I've been married to my best friend and college sweetheart for the past 20 years. I'm a self-proclaimed ADD crafter and have yet to meet a craft I don't like! I'm a founding member of the Richmond Craft Mafia and helped create Indiecraftshows.com.

What inspires you the most?
Good trash en masse. I work heavily with the Goodwill Clearance Center. The Center is where all of the items go when they don't sell in our local Goodwill Stores and it is the last step before the landfill. I'm inspired by whatever I find there especially if there is a lot of it.

What other talents do you have?
I'm an avid baker, a Certified Massage Therapist and a degree-holding geeky scientist (not really sure if that last one is a talent)

What promotional tools have been the most effective for you?
Hands down its been national press. While I know putting together a press kit can be a daunting task - do it! And then make sure you get it to the right editors. It's amazing how a bit of press can help your business!

As a handmade seller, what lesson did you learn the hard way?
Always have custom work paid for in full before you make it and unless it's your fault - don't offer refunds on it.

What's your best selling item?
My recycled SCRABBLE Tile Ornaments. Scrabble is so universal and holds many good memories for many people. The ornaments help capture that and make great gifts.



Want more?  You can find Dawn at all of the following locations. I hope you enjoyed meeting Dawn and her passion for recycling.

http://www.PopCultureRehab.com - Web
http://PopCultureRehab.etsy.com - Etsy shop
http://TheBins.etsy.com - Etsy supply shop
http://www.twitter.com/PopCultureRehab - Twitter
http://larkstudio.typepad.com (Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing your thoughts and ideas.